Saturday, February 12, 2011

MORE WORKY WORKY....


Work continues down slope, the men are assembling large tubes made of re-bar, I think they will be inserted into the slope for dirt retention or they may be footers that will be filled with something substantial such as rock and/or concrete.  Incidentally those guys who look like they are standing on top of a roof near the top of the picture?  That is not a roof it is a small patio just off the back of the clinic.

Also, there was a little excitement at the clinic this past Monday, some one got into their car to leave and hit the wrong pedal and launched over the parking embankment down into three cars parked at street level.  Oops. 

I also felt like cooking comfort food this week and have decided against pictures.  I made meatloaf,  the secret ingredient was some left over mushroom stuffing made of cream cheese and fried Jimmy Dean Sausage.  While I was browning the beef, I added a quick sprinkle of what I thought was black pepper but turned out to be a very healthy teaspoon of CINNAMON!  Um, um..quick add 1 tsp of ground cumin for a quasi-mole taste.   Not bad.

I was also prompted to make a potato salad.  One of husband's friends gave him a jar of home made mustard, it is very thick and grainy.  I boiled six red potatoes and 3 eggs, chopped half an onion very fine. Mixed 1/2 cup Mayo, one large tablespoon of mustard, sprinkle red pepper flakes, sprinkle salt, sprinkle pepper, sprinkle garlic powder, sprinkle celery seed, capful apple cider vinegar, two packets of Splenda.  Hmmm, not bad at all. 

5 comments:

Gale said...

hmmm cinnamon vs pepper...new glasses? or better lighting?

Anonymous said...

I bet you're glad that you get rides to work and don't have to take the risk of getting crushed.

Retro Blog said...

Yeah, I could have been more careful, pulled out two identical containers of spices and tossed. If in doubt I should at least take a sniff.

Yep, glad I have home grown, driver.

Anonymous said...

How would you describe the cinnamon-taste in there? I can not imagine this - did it harm the food, did you cover it with other spices?

Anonymous said...

The cinnamon taste mostly disappeared it was complimentary to the ground cumin, that combination is common in Mexican dishes especially in Mole', which is sort of a Mexican version of sweet and sour sauce. Cinnamon is used in savory dishes a lot, just sounds really odd in meatloaf. Ya.

SECURITY WORD: Relyapsy

Combination relapse and yappy, perfect description of failed barking dog training. Fido has a bad case of Relyapsy. R