Friday, November 20, 2009

Very short update



I called on my regular call yesterday and spoke to Mom only a few minutes. She said she needed to get off the phone because she was very short of breath and shaky. She told me she called her FNP Jenice who came to the house and checked her oxygen and they called Norco. The Norco people came and the machine was plugged up. That got fixed and things improved. Mom told me that Jenice ordered Hospice for her. Hospice has come and helped her with some ointment she needed to have applied. She assures me that she is not terminal and that she can have Hospice if ordered by a practitioner. I didn't want to argue but I was always under the impression that Hospice was a more or less short term program. I am wondering if she meant Home Health. However she did say a pastor called her up offering his services so maybe it was hospice?

2 comments:

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

We just spoke to her and will stop in later this morning. She has some errands for us to take care of. We will let you all know what we find out.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I spoke with her today and she appeared to be the same as the last time we spoke. She also mentioned hospice but apparently she is actually getting home health care from the same place. She told me that she was feeling well.
EJ