Saturday, April 4, 2009

A lovely Saturday, more bookcases and.......



My stock of books is growing, these are two new folding bookcases purchased since the previous orgy of bookcases pictured on a previous blog.

These books shelves can hold triple the books easily, so it will be a while before I purchase any further shelves.

Mom is saving up her books for me and I will drag back a car load of them later in April.

Also today was the Saturday that I had decided to try my culinary skills by trying my hand at Gorgonzola sauce with steak.

MENU:

Filet mignon (Two each - seared off in a HOT pan three minutes each side and allowed to rest ten minutes off heat)

Heated mass quantities of salted water to cook tortellini for five minutes, drain, keep warm in oven.

Baked new potatoes tossed in oil and salt, also carrots, cooked 350 degrees for 90 minutes.

Tossed lettuce, tomato onion salad with home made Thousand Island dressing, I skipped the hard boiled egg and made a simple mayonnaise, catsup, chopped pickle mixture, at the last minute added a couple drops of apple cider vinegar. Not bad.

Gorgonzola sauce; I found a lovely video and followed the directions.
High simmer 1 pint whipping cream, whisk constantly, cook five minutes, reduce by one third. TURN OFF HEAT. Add fork separated 8 ounces Gorgonzola (I had Dulce) and stir until melted two minutes. Add 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, add 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, 1/4 cup chopped parsley. It was PERFECT.

We dished up, dripped desired amounts of Gorgonzola sauce over the steak and pasta and ate then went into post prandial coma. Delish!

The flavor is slightly different from the taste of Bennetti's New York New York Steak with Gorgonzola sauce, I think they may have used a hint of nutmeg. I would love to chat with the chef over there.

I am left with 8 ounces of Gorgonzola and not too sure what to do with it. I may save it for the next potluck and use it for Mac and Cheese. Oooooooooh!

No comments: