Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friday was a lovely day for a walk.....

On the advice of my brother, we took the Bravada in Friday morning at 10 a.m. to get the serpentine belt replaced. Husband dropped me off at the hospital where I worked for an hour or so and then my friend,Susan and I went to lunch. She dropped me off at the house where I found two messages; one was on the fridge from husband, "gone to Bandon and then Staples" and the other was a phone message, "The repairs are done on your Bravada". Well, already!?

I didn't feel like waiting for husband to return home so I put on my best walking shoes and walked the six blocks or so to the Car Clinic. It was a lovely spring day, a bit of fresh air. As I walked I passed a house just down the street from us and they have masses of Lily Of The Valley, the bed is so huge it takes up about half of the lawn.





The car repair cost us 76 dollars, parts 56 and labor 20, must have taken him all of 30 minutes to swap out the belt. Hmph.

Got back home , got all comfy, knock knock knock. It was husband, he had gotten locked out of the van in Bandon, a lady at the same meeting brought him home, so we hopped in the Bravada, drove back to Bandon and got him unlocked and we went to the Station to have lunch. Then came home. Oh, yeah, the price of gas , has for some mysterious reason dropped from 2.23 to 2.17 per gallon.

2 comments:

Dirty Berg said...

I have never been a huge fan of flower gardens but my fraternity's flower of choice is the Lily of the Valley and I fell in love with them the first time I went to our National Headquarters in Memphis. They have six huge beds to represent each of our original founders that are probably 20x40 foot a piece. What a site.

Anonymous said...

I understand that LOLV is a bit like bamboo, it will just take over unless it is confined to raised beds. I was also thrilled to note that we actually have volunteers coming up on the side of the house. R