Saturday, May 28, 2022

SO THAT HAPPENED

I was unable to import my picture of the lovely shiner now well developed into purple hues and has expanded down my jaw. Monday started well. Parked at Davita, got out of the car and noticed that it was rolling backward. Instead of waiting for it to stop rolling I decided to chase after it. Got the car unlocked but tripped abd fall on my left hand, left face and left ribs. Car rolled to a stop. I lay on the pavement caling for help A lady parked her truck and asked me if I needed help. Um, yes please. The ladies came out and got me into a wheelchair and into the lobby. They thought they should call EMT , they came and decided that I needed to be seen in ER at BAY. So after CT they found a subarrachnoid hemorrhage. None of the neurololgists wanted to deal with a brain bleed. Si I was transferred to OHSU. What fun! Nice bunch on the plane. We bonded over favorite books, Dies The Fire, recipes and corny jokes. Got to Portland in 40 minutes, landed a Hillsborough and 18 miles later at OHSU trama ICU. I was put in a neck collar and sent for C spine and CT. Once the radiologist read the film, I would get food. I was given a lovely turkey sandwish about 8 pm. Yum! Next day I had dialysis. Tim called about 3 pm he was in Albany. I said they would discharge me as soon as he got there. So he got there and was horribly lost, the nice nurse took us down to the elevator right to our car! Thanks was stopped in Albany to overnight and then home! Rest of the week was get caught up and everything went well.

No comments: