Saturday, December 17, 2016

day two of no posting on Facebook

Good morning; I woke at 5 am this morning, fired up my Kindle to read in my nice cozy warm bed.
I opened videos and found that because I have one of those prime accounts that I have access to all sorts of Videos.  I watched part of the first episode of "Alpha House"  Hilarious.  The story is that four senators share a house in DC.  One of them is Bill Murray who gets picked up by the DOJ to start serving a term in prison.  Now they must find a fourth roomie and attend to Congressional bidness.  So far, so funny.

The ice storm has triggered a state emergency so they can apply for FEMA money.  Wonder if FEMA has small change for that.  I wonder how Trump will treat FEMA once he gets in a budget cutting mood. 

I listened to another Podcast last night.  Was it Invisibilia? Yeah, I think so.  A young man was talking about his sophomore year in college.  He was greeting new freshman and heard an odd sounding voice next door.  He introduced himself and the young man replied very slowly stating his name.  It turned out that he was very bright, just talked slow as a result of being hit by a car when he was eight and being in a coma for five months.  He had to learn how to walk and never did get his voice back.  The weird thing is that he never knew that he talked slow, mostly because his parents were both deaf.  The first kid found a mutual acquaintance who was a neurologist and he had never heard of this particular ailment.  The slow talking guy wrote a song and sang it very slowly.  The first guy found a musical group to compose a song around his lyrics and speed and it was actually quite well done and very touching.  The things you learn on the radio, I tell ya. 

Bye for now.

 

No comments: