Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lost dream


Woke up from a very complicated dream.

Husband and I were headed to the airport to travel somewhere. We parked and walked to the gate and a former work friend said, there are plenty of seats but you need to go to the ticket counter for tickets. So we started walking.

We turned left outside and noticed that the airport was under construction, further down the road was a huge gate in the shape of a gothic tunnel with a bust of Lincoln on the top. There was scaffolding everywhere and people everywhere, there didn't seem to be any restrictions to prevent people from falling into holes and such.

We entered a large terminal area and keep heading towards what we thought was the ticket counter. A young child kept running around me in circles and was headed for an open hole so I grabbed him and thrust him toward what looked like parents and said, “This kid needs to be on a leash!”.

We kept walking and pretty soon I realized that husband had disappeared, I didn't have my purse and jacket. I hoped he had them. I kept walking looking for him. Got to a place with even more construction going on. I asked a couple girls where the bathrooms where and they gestured, keep going and to the left. Sure enough there were two parallel hallways with incomplete flooring made up of what looked like bundles of rebar. I looked down the left hallway and there was a large locomotive sitting there. I couldn't seem to get enough purchase to step onto the right hallway. I decided that I needed to call security for some help and then I thought to myself, “Wouldn't it be easier to just wake up? “ Yep, so I woke up. Below is the dream site interpretation of lost.

Lost
To dream that you are lost suggests that you have lost your direction in life or that you have lost sight of your goals. You may be feeling worried and insecure about the path you are taking in life. If you try to call for help, then it means that you are trying to reach out for support. You are looking for someone to lean on. Alternatively, being lost means that you are still adjusting to a new situation in which the rules and conditions are ever changing.


I think that hits all of the points actually, I am retired haven't picked out a hobby and my only excuse is that my new hobby seems to consist of doctor's appointments and tinkering with medication. Old is boring. The weird thing is that the airport in my dream is an airport I have been in many times while dream traveling. Need to set a goal, I guess. That and I am literally lost without my husband. Awwwww.

No comments: