Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Oh dear, I have been cooking leftovers again.....


It had been two or three days since the last of the very good home made potato salad and tomale pie had been consumed.  The dishes were all washed and in respose.  A mental scan of the kitchen cupboards revealed a box of stuffing mix.  I knew that all of the frozen turkey stock was exhausted.  But wait I sez, there is frozen pinto bean soup.....

Searched out an onion, chop chop chop.  Saute gently in pan, add frozen pinto bean soup, add salt and pepper to taste.

Pour stuffing mix into my largest tupperware bowl, add generous sprinkle of celery seed, couple shakes of crushed red pepper flakes.
Poured onions and beans into stuffing mix, added one egg, mix, Mix, MIX, freaking MIIIIIIXXXXXXX!!!

Poured into the usual glass casserole.  Open can of large olives and inserted them manually into the rather stiffish stuffing mixture.
Baked at 350 for 45 minutes.   

Notified hubs that his taste buds were in peril and asked for honest review of the dish.  He very diplomatically tasted it and allowed that some of my other dressing dishes were better but that he would indeed eat this one.   So I took a taste test.

Bleah....bean...Bean...BEAN.....BEEAANN!!!! 

I did take a picture but somehow my memory chip has been misplaced.  You didn't miss mutch.  

No comments: