Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Musical Epiphany



Musical epiphany! I do not have epiphanies!!

Some one posted an amazing video of 2Cellos playing Thunderstruck by AC/DC on Cellos!!!

The video opens with an 19th century dressed crowd settling into a nice theater setting. Two young men walk out wearing period costums carrying cellos. They seat themselves and begin playing a nice sedate duo.

About 15 seconds in they look at each other and launch the most outrageous version of AC/DC's Thunderstruck. I actually had never heard the original circa 1991 not being into heavy metal of any kind. The refrain that has lodged itself in my brain and goes phonetically something like this:

Wearrrowearrrrrreowaaaaaawearowrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrar THUMP THUMP.
Repeat, nod head violently in time to the music.

Cannot shake this from my head, it is like a braingasm or something.

I shall try chanting from “The Demolished Man” (Name the Author Carl Berglund) Four sir, three sir, two sir, one. Tension, apprehension and dissension have begun.
Repeat.
Again.
Nope still there.

The music is the auditory equivalent of both Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters doing a stand up comedy riff of free association word play and reactions.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh stop that at once! Buckle up your set belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride. (Name The Movie/Star).

I want this played at my funeral/memorial along with Nesun dorma both versions by Aretha Franklin and Pavarotti along with “Rank Stranger” blue grass. Since we are talking music, also play a good tight harmony of “You Are My Sunshine”. Throw in a little Ravi Shankar sitar music, some Taiko drums and Amazing Grace. Yeah and and Oooh, need one good rousing choir rendition of Ave Marie in memory of the electronic organ we once warbled along on. I really like the idea of tossing my cremains out into the mosh pit to be handed around and back to the stage during the playing of The 2Cellos version of Thunderstruck. Then spread me ashes near the coastal town of Elk, California in memory of my favorite meal, that of butter fried, well beaten, caught at low tide Abalone. Truly food of the gods. Thank you.

2 comments:

Retro Blog said...

Would love to hear their version of
"The Devil Went Down to Georgia",yeah?

Retro Blog said...

Update: It took a couple weeks before the brain settled down from this whole 2cello thing. I still like it very much, but will build up my resistance over time, phew!