Friday, May 1, 2009

Beautiful weeds and worky worky Friday



Just at the end of our block going south, these flowers have bloomed, it is a huge bush of some sort of weedy thing. I have no idea what it is exactly except that the owners of the house next to us where these weeds reside have not been present in some time and the place is for sale and the lawn has gone wild. At least the police stop by now and then to make sure vagrants haven't taken up squatting.

Today, I got my wash all done by 10:30 in the morning.

..ring...ring...ring...

Hello?

Hannah is sick and there is no one to transcribe can you come in?

Sure.

Since I had planned on lunch with a co-worker I just went in a bit early and transcribed the x-ray reports, one history and physical and several progress notes. We went to lunch at the Coquille Broiler. I had the avocado hamburger. Nice!

Then I went home about 2 pm.

Ring...ring...ring...

Hello?

This is the nursing station, we are transferring two patients and we need to have the reports transcribed and faxed.

Okay. I went in and got the name of the patients and the physician had not dictated the reports yet. I could clearly see where I wasn't going to make it home any time soon. Fortunately by the time I got set up he had completed the dictation. I got that one done, trotted it down to the doctor who beamed happily and said

"Boy that was fast, you type faster than I do"

"Yeah but I don't type as fast as you talk".

He looked it over and thankfully he signed it and the nurses faxed the report to Riverbend in Eugene. The next one was another four pager to go to Bay Area Hospital. He looked over and made one correction and I faxed that. I got home about 6:30 pm. If the phone rings I will let it go to answering machine!

2 comments:

Uncle Spud & Aunt JoJo said...

I think you got yourself some Scotch Broom, very nasty can grow as high as 12 feet. Though the flowers are pretty.

Anonymous said...

Yeesh, we have some volunteers then coming up in our huge blackberry bush. I wonder which one will win? R